Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, June 4, 2010

I like papayas....

...but nothing can beat the sweet love of God. We've made it to 23 weeks!!! Seems like things are getting more and more hectic around here...With three weeks of camp coming up, getting the nursery together, weekly worship ministry, church events, baby shower stuff, I'm surprised I haven't crashed! This second trimester has been very easy, and I've had tons of energy, thank God! Actually the whole pregnancy thus far has been great, aside from heartburn everyday of my life, everything is peachy. Been sleeping great (with crazy dreams), got my appetite back, and I have been enjoying this time with Derek preparing and wondering about our future with a son :) All is well!
The extra bonus is I get to decorate Jude's room...I absolutely LOVE decorating spaces, and I'm having a blast getting everything together.
I'm not going to lie, I stole alot of ideas from a picture I found online, but I plan on adding my own special quirks to the room. I wanted the room painted before we left for camp...sooo we did that yesterday. Thanks to Jude's Papa and Daddy, a very amazing fan has been hung (despite it taking 5 hours, it looks great!) The baby bed is in, and the rest of the furniture has been shipped. I can't wait to get it all together. All I need now is my orange rocking chair...the one I wanted has been discontinued :(..however I am on a mission to find another just as great!! So sorry that I didn't blog last week...as you can see, life has been hectic!
Week 23: Jude is now the size of a papaya weighing 20.8 oz and is 11.8 inches. Your baby is probably quite active by now and you should be able to feel movement or kicks in your belly. It might even be possible to see movements on the surface of your skin. Overall, your baby is now more proportioned from head size to the rest of the body and is looking more and more like a newborn. Baby's little face is fully formed...minus the baby fat, of course. The next task at hand for baby: sprouting two teeny-tiny nipples!

No comments:

Post a Comment