Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Who am I, and what did I do with the old me??

Back to life...finally! Jude has definitely grown plenty since I last blogged. We survived three weeks of camp and made plenty of memories, but now it is time to get back to our routine. I have been going through a serious stage of nesting. Believe it or not, I have kept the house SPOTLESS for a month now.....those who know me well can tell you this is not a custom. I pray that the OCD symptom stays cuz I think my hubby may be getting used to it :) Wat shall I do when it goes away?!?? I've gotten down to serious business people. Every closet, drawer, and cabinet has been cleaned out and organized...laundry is done, dishwasher loaded/unloaded, and bed made everyday...Derek has to get a new spoon for each cup of coffee cuz every time I walk in the kitchen I put the dirty one in the dishwasher and wipe the counter only to do the same for his next cup..and the next. Ya'll, I've been cooking and been hanging up my clothes, and even weirder...returning things I purchase that don't fit or that I don't have need for!! This is serious! It's like someone has taken over my body......this is not me!!!
The nursery is slowly but surely coming together. I can't wait to get the closet finished so that I can put the whole thing together!! I will post pics asap. I'm so ready to register and have a baby shower, and put away all the gifts...I can't wait to spend time with family and friends introducing our new little man. I can't wait to bathe my little jelly bean, and have snuggle time with mommy, daddy, baby, Mags, and Chloe. I can't wait to dress him up, rock him to sleep, sing to him, listen to his daddy tell him stories... I know once he is here time will fly by, and I'm not ignorant to the fact that there will be sleepless nights and miserable sick days, but it will all be worth it. I'm anxious to see our parenting skills put to work, see how many of our words we'll have to eat, and how many people we prove wrong! Either way we are ready to begin this process! Only 89 more days...
Month 6: Eggplant
Week 27: Baby is 2 pounds and 14.5 inches..about the size of a cauliflower.
This week your baby looks like a thinner, redder, more wrinkled version of what he will look like at birth, but in the next few weeks more fat will fill out his appearance. Your baby's immune system is continueing to mature as are your baby's lungs. The lungs are going through some major developments these days, which (combined with the opening of the previously plugged nostrils) means he's now able to practice inhaling and exhaling. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now.

No comments:

Post a Comment