Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Countdown Continues...

57 more days.......as I reach the end of my 31st week (7th month) I am realizing how much stuff still has to get done before Jude arrives. I thought I had everything well planned out, however, sometimes things don't go as planned. The nursery is yet to be completed...we are still waiting on some special orders and home improvements to be completed before I can finish setting up and decorating. This is annoying, but what can I do? Due to my insane calendar I haven't been able to take any of the classes I wanted to yet...I have one class scheduled in a few weeks and am still looking for a date that works for the other class.....but I only have about 57 more days!!!! that's not alotta time. Here are two projects I made for the nursery...I love how they came out!!
We did register for the baby shower....that was a long day, but was fun! We are registered at both Target and Babies R Us..what an overwhelming experience!! 95 different brands of one item, a billion things...how do you know what necessary and whats a waste of time and money?!? and I even did some research before we started the process, that didn't help much. Derek had a blast registering for any and everything he spotted that said "i love my daddy" or that was Star Wars related! I was soooooo tired at the end of that day! I think we got everything, who knows! I do know that alot of the stuff we like and registered for has to be ordered online.....
which is dumb...all the cute stuff is online :)

How you know your 7 months pregnant:
  • Your hubby learns how to buckle, tie, and adjust your shoes
  • You can barely shave your legs, and lotioning legs or cutting your own toenails is no longer an option
  • You pop Zantac 150 as if they are tictacs
  • Scouting out restroom locations is the top priority when entering an unfamiliar location
  • You are responsible for making the decision for every meal cuz everyone asks what you and Baby would like to eat
  • Grunting, moaning, and wobbling like a 90 year old is normal
What has this past month included you may ask........plenty more crazy dreams, sleepless nights, more OCD activities, back, hip, and leg pain, not so cute outfits on Sundays, extreme emotions including outrageous laughing at things that aren't all that funny and a never ending supply of tears even when whatever got me started crying in the first place is over, done with, and forgotten about. Derek will walk in the room and sincerely ask, "why are you still crying?" my response, in a shaky voice, "I don't know, I'm not a faucet ya know...cant turn it on and off when I please." Poor hubby....now when we are in the midst of a conversation and I know its headed towards something that will open the flood gates, we quickly change the subject...
Month 7: Squash
Week 31: Baby is about 16.25 inches, weighing 3.3 lbs. About the size of four navel oranges.

This week your baby is gaining more weight as baby fat is filling in underneath the skin. Your baby's color is also becoming less red and more pink in color. By now Your baby's irises can dilate and respond to changes in light, and all five senses are in working order. Baby's going through major brain and nerve development these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment