Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 22, 2010

8 Weeks 5 Days

Today was the day...our first prenatal visit. One thing I can say is Derek and I had totally different feelings about this appointment. I wasn't nervous, but a little anxious to make sure all was well and to hear about a healthy baby! My husband, being a very private and modest guy, was feeling a little more awkward about the whole situation. lol. His #1 question (thankfully stated only to me) was, "How can someone choose this profession?!?" haha, this made our wait for the doctor quite humorous. I am very thankful that we did experience this first appointment together. For me personally it was a serious reality check like, "hello! I know your not showing yet, but YOU JUST SAW THE HEART BEAT OF YOUR BABY...guess you really gotta start eating healthy, Leish!" Needless to say, we cant wait to go to the 5 month visit to find out what we are having!


Now for the important details. Baby looks perfectly healthy! We are at 8 weeks and 5 days (6 days in 22 minutes :)) which puts our due date on exactly the day I figured up...September 30, 2010. We didn't get to hear the heart beat, however it was very visible on the ultrasound. According to the doc, and nurse, I have just the right size pelvic region so that I would be able to deliver a 12 pounder...yikes! Lets just all pray this doesn't happen (considering my brother [Ryan] and Derek's nephew [Luke] were both in the 11 pound range), I'd rather not pop out a toddler!!! Because of the healthy report, the chance of a miscarriage has dropped from 20% to 5%. We were happy to hear that.

This day will forever be a great memory. We were fortunate to get the appointment on video with Derek's handy dandy flip camera. Derek and I are both grateful to everyone who has expressed their excitement to us! We are so happy to share this experience with our family, friends, and New Life! Our New Life family is making the process sooo much fun. Everyone cares so much, and we truly appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment