Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Baby Parker's Heartbeat

Yesterday was my second doc appointment and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time! As a birthday gift, I planned the day around my mommy...
We went to lunch along with Alex and Meeley (that's what I wanna call her now since my dream)...did I not tell you about my dream?!?! I will in a sec....so anyway, Lunch with mommy, Alex, and Meeley, then we all headed to Touro for my appointment. Needless to say, sweet Amelia, who happens to be the best baby ever, stole the show. All nurses were goo gooing and gaa gaaing over her. She is teething and had a fever, yet still managed to smile and flirt with some guy that was in the office :)
As we all made our way to the back I decided it would be best if I go to the restroom...so I stand in line (hehe, room full of pregos/one bathroom= patience). When I come out the bathroom the nurse is like, "do you have your sample?"...uhhhhhhh I say, "I was
supposed to pee in a cup??!?!!?!" lol..DUH! As we both laughed I simply reminded her that I have never done this before and I promise she would get it next visit!! Something she can look forward too....
Sooo...Me, Mommy, Meeley and Alex are waiting, Amelia still stealing attention, and finally the time comes to hear the baby's heartbeat, yay! I didn't really know what to expect. To my surprise I have not been emotional about this process at all. I thought for sure I'd be the mommy who cried every time we saw or heard anything BABY...but I have not shed a tear! Dr. Von Almen came in and did the Doppler thing. Everyone says it'll sound like a choo choo train, but really and truly, IT SOUNDS LIKE A TRAIN...with a chugga, chugga choo choo and all! As you can hear on the video, it is very fast and doc says.."sounds like a girl!"Hope you enjoy the experience :)
ps...about that dream....the extremely shortened version is that I had a little girl and for whatever reason named her Amelia...well my niece is named Amelia, so we called my daughter Meeley so there would be no confusion..Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment