Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sugar Plum

This is week 12, but before we begin I would like to give a shout out to one of my blog's biggest fans @DanielleCox...hehe...found out last night that she reads my blog more than my own hubs. I love that people enjoy reading about my weekly issues, because I love writing about my weekly issues :)
So todays lesson: "Pregnancy brain"
Basically what this means is when you get prego....you start to loose it. Technically "Pregnancy brain is a condition that affects expectant mothers, usually during the first and third trimesters. Sometimes known as placenta brain or baby brain drain, the condition is usually characterized by short term memory loss or forgetfulness. Some medical experts say that pregnancybrain is a myth, but evidence shows that many women have experienced this condition. Studies linking
memory and pregnancy are limited, and their results have been irregular. However, pregnant women have claimed to experience frustration while trying to remember the most simple everyday tasks. Some working women who are pregnant have become emotionally distressed becausepregnancy brain has rendered them unable to work effectively."
Now my experiences have been a little more light hearted and humorous than stressful...stuff like telling someone I'd have something done by tomorrow and completely forgetting like 10 minutes after I've said those words...--grocery shopping with Derek (whose fav meal is zatarains jambalaya) I go to pick up some boxes and see a new box, different pic on it. Making a small scene I say, "what! they changed there recipe. Aw man!" only to have my hubby point out the bright yellow section that says "great new look, same great taste!". This was followed by me hysterically laughing at myself until I began to cry therefore making my small scene a huge one and prolly embarrassing Derek hehe.---Scheduling an entire worship service around a musician who was on schedule, but had to go out of town, only to remember after everything was said
and done that she would be going out of town the following week...however my most recent and comical moment occurred yesterday in Target.
My mother in law and I were shopping to pass some time. I decided to go pick out my mommy a birthday card. We get to the card aisle and Dottie asks me, "So how old will your mom be?"...I think a minute and very surely I'm like, "she'll be 39"...thinking to myself omgosh my mom's almost 40, we get to throw her a big party next year........interrupting my grand thought of partying, I hear.."39!! that means she was only 14 when she had you!".....What!! no!! she's not going to be 39 she'll be 45..................I think. Yikes! major, major brain issues. then I couldn't figure it out.."well she was born in '64", I say...oh well the point is her birthday is Saturday...(Happy Bday Mommy)
So I will say....I can only speak from my own experiences, but so far plenty of pregnancy symptoms are truly, truly not exaggerated. Hope you everyone learned the lesson today...I'm going crazy and don't tell me anything important unless I'm writing it down!! :)

Baby Info: This week baby is 2.1 inches, weighing .49 oz. This is about the size of a plum. The features on your baby's face are becoming more defined. The eyes have moved towards
the front of the face and the chin and nose have taken more shape. Your baby's tiny fingernails are now well formed on fingers that will soon be able to open and close. In your baby's brain, synapses are rapidly growing.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!
    I did experince the memory loss. It's been crazy. I had a cleint call and schedule an appointment to have thier newborn pictures taken and when they came I didn't have them on the schedule and didn't even remember talking to them. So embarassing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lonnie! Congrats to you too!! I'm so excited ya'll are having a girl...

    ReplyDelete