Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Things are Peachy Keen

Hello second trimester, hello energy, hello food and cravings......all of these things are coming my way. This means I have survived 1/3 of this journey! What an accomplishment, and if you don't know me you would never be able to tell how hard I've been working, growing a baby and all. My so called baby bump is still next to nothing and can usually be confused for a full tummy. I am thankful that I've made it this far and still managing to fit into my very own cute clothes. Saddened I will be the day I have to choose between the frumpy pink shirt, frumpy green shirt, or the frumpy shirt with stripes...I say "Design cuter maternity clothes people!"

Lately my food aversions haven't been that bad. I can actually cook a meal and eat it without being disgusted. I figured I need to get myself in the habit of cooking every night that I possibly can. This will be good for mommy and daddy's health (and bank account), as well as baby's. I put together a menu of things I am capable of cooking so that I can rotate every week night. This sounds like a great and simple idea, but if you know anything about our calendar/schedule, it will be very difficult to make this routine. So I simply ask that you keep me accountable to this mission!! I might even share a recipe here and there :)

Baby Info: Baby's size is 2.9 inches and it weighs 81 oz. This is about the size of a peach.
Up until now, your baby's head has been proportionally larger than the rest of the body. But around this time your baby's body will start to catch up and grow more proportional to the head.

If you could peek inside your womb, you could see your baby's motor skills starting to work. Your baby is able to move and flex the arms and legs, but you won't be able to feel this movement until later.
Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords...savor this, their nonfunctional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy.



4 comments:

  1. I loved this post! Thank you leisha for blogging, it is the highlight of my day. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe how big baby Parker is getting! She is going to be SO ADORABLE! lol!!! We need to go shopping--there's got to be some cute maternity clothes out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO glad your hubs decided to support your BLOG! HAHA ABOUT TIME!!! Always remember I AM your #1 fan though!!! LOL. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    I thought I would help you out with some cute maternity clothes. This website has modest maternity clothes and for the most part decent prices. http://www.lilomaternity.com/. Also If you look at Target online they usually have more maternity clothes that are cuter than they carry in the store. My Sister-in-Law shoped at these places when she was prego. So I thought I would pass along the good info.

    ReplyDelete