Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Got the lime, still no coconuts...

Day 1 of week 11...only three more weeks til I'm out of the first trimester! I'm excited about next week, we are going to district conference and get to see some of our close friends for the first time since we found out I'm prego. I'm still not showing much at all, but maybe by next week I'll have a lil something to show off...they say that baby will double in size by next week!

For this post I would like to brag on my hubby, or my baby daddy as i now like to say hehehehehe. I couldn't ask for a better man, to be married to, have children with, and grow old with. Our child is going to have the best daddy in the world [besides my daddy :)] He is soooo helpful and considerate of how I am feeling, it is truly a blessing to have him! Now enough of that mushy gushy stuff.....on to fun baby details.

Week 11: Baby is 1.6 inches weighing approx. .25 oz...the size of a lime.
This week your baby is officially developed enough to be called a fetus. The good news is that the most critical part of your baby's organ system development is over. Your baby will grow very rapidly and will double in size by next week. On your baby's head, the ears are moving to the side of the head. Reproductive organs are becoming more distinguished.
Your fetus currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through it. But fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds, and nail beds are forming--setting up a significantly more attractive future.
Inside your body, your uterus is starting to get to be too big to fit in your pelvic area and will begin to rise up into your abdomen over the next few weeks.

Anyone who knows I am my father's daughter, should know what came to mind when I read "your baby is the size of a lime"....Thankfully now that there is a little one on the way, I have the excuse and perfect reason to watch amazing stuff like this!...

No comments:

Post a Comment